Friday, October 28, 2011

Our first blog post, hooray!

I know, I know... we said as little words as possible, but in the early blog posts I find it necessary to expand and get this thing going... so here we go.  First of all, David and I started this blog for a couple reasons.  #1) We now have an amazing little girl named Olivia who is growing faster then we ever imagined (cliché I know, but it's true) and as a result several friends and family members expressed wanting to know how she is growing and achieving milestones.  Instead of bombarding everyone with a gazillion emails, we thought you all can now check here whenever you'd like.  #2) As a result of #1, I now find myself consumed with our Canon Rebel T1i.  To my surprise, I have had several people asking how I achieved the photos I have.  Honestly... I really don't know what I am doing, but can explain what I do know for those that are interested.  #3) David and I love to travel and thought on the occasional trips we do take, we can keep you updated on our adventures.

Okay, so now that we got that out of the way.  Here is blog post numero uno:

[ISO 400 f/1.8 1/60 50mm]
Olivia ~ 13 weeks

Olivia is sitting in her vibrating chair wearing her "Christmas" dress BwBelles (|bee'bells|èGrandma Thayer) bought her.  Olivia is already wearing 6 month and 9 month clothing because of her length!  At her two month check up she measured in at 2 ft (80%, almost half my height Land 11 lbs 3 oz (45%).  We always joke she is going to be tall like her Aunt Em :)  Anyway, it was the "Christmas" dress now or never.

The camera settings and lens used are under the photo.  It always drives me crazy when I find a photograph I like and can't seem to figure out how to achieve a similar look.  I never ever ever shoot with flash if possible, window light is my best friend, and manual mode it is from here on out.  Aperture is the photo editing software I like, however I hate hate hate editing.  Typically I only adjust the white balance and sharpen the eyes and bubbles J


No comments:

Post a Comment